Thursday, June 12, 2008

MY OWN GREED AND SELF INTEREST

Lately there is a new group of folks who claim that I have been stating the party line and am only representing the Opinion of the Whatcom County GOP.

This is not the first time that I have been accused of representing someone that I am not.

On several occasions, I opposed the EMS LEVY, the EMS sales tax and the Jail sales tax.
All for the reason is that I believe that public safety should be the first line item in any governmental budget from city to Federal.
I can't count how many complaints my poor fire chief got from other fire chiefs and folks in public insisting that I be muzzled and that I represent the fire service 24 hours a day and should not be allowed the same right to press and free speech that other citizens enjoy...(This is only a little taste of history for illustrating my point.)

Anyway,

I am not a McCain Spokesman, even though I think he is our best choice for a competent Commander in Chief. I am not a spokesman for the National, State or County GOP. Of course I prefer the Reaganesque way of deliberating policies and ideas amongst Republicans and not the Goldwater vs. Rockefeller fights that some folks would like to see the GOP revert back to.

So to prevent any more misunderstandings, here is my disclaimer:

I SPEAK ON BEHALF OF MY OWN GREED AND SELF INTEREST AND BY NO MEANS DO I REPRESENT ANY FIRE DISTRICT, YOUTH OR ADULT SPORTS ORGANIZATION, POLITICAL PARTY, CANDIDATE, OR ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION OR BUSINESS INTEREST THAT I MAY BELONG TO.

(Did I leave anything out?...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That what you have to say isn't suitable for anyone of any age!

AFY!!

Poindexter Prometheus Parkenfarker said...

D's P's and A's
I think I'm a D...