Saturday, January 26, 2008

SAM TAYLOR'S GUESS...

...About me and my authors is NOT Correct.

On one of his previous comments to a comment on his blog, Sam made a claim that he guessed or suspected that I am several of my writers. However flattering that may be, it is in fact incorrect. However, I think that that young puppy is doing a good job balancing real reporting at the paper and trying to make a go with his blog. He may have and may well in the future make mistakes, but as Indian Aaron told me, the only men who don't make mistakes just sit around takin' bonghits and sucking on their own lollipops watchin' Looney Toons...

Now for my writers, and I'm telling my audience more than they need to know...

The real gk has served our country in several capacities longer than I have been alive. (according to my kids, I am an old fart.) I have had the pleasure of debating him and getting clobbered by him publicly on more than one occasion. I would be flattered to think that Sam T. or anybody would think that I could even come close to matching wits with this guy.

Roeder Peabody has an insight into Whatcom County that I could never fully understand as I am too lazy to research local issues as well as he does.

As for Q, she is quite some lady. Very involved from Whatcom County, to Olympia and even Washington D.C. Far better educated than I am.

Philemon Pormant, who I have dropped the ball with as he has written some incredible material, but I failed to publish in a timely manner, has set me straight on numerous occasions as to how to observe elections and political matters, and see details that I have a tendency to overlook.

No, I am not Wally. His perspectives and writing skills are far better developed than mine.

AFY!!!, now there is one smart businessman. If I was as smart at business as he is, My self employment would not have folded and I wouldn't be back working for someone else 40 to 60 hours a week, again...

Indian Aaron, a diehard biker who rides on days that scare me, is a real 220 (law enforcement term) or a real section 8 (military term) He is a maniac who could care less about politics. I just like his take on life in general. To sum up his view on life, the universe and everything, "as long as no one is shooting at us, everything is OK!" Trying to get him to write is next to impossible.

As this new year started, I found myself no longer running my own operations or working contract jobs but am back in the workforce, working four to six by ten hour shifts, depending on our production keeping up with the demand for our high quality natural resources. The machinery that I get to work on has tires taller than I am! I rediscovered muscles that were long forgotten. Now that my old decrepid body has slightly adjusted, I will be writing again. I am sure hoping that my authors can contribute so that I can take time to think about what I am writing.

The guys at work are reminding me about what is really important in life. These are not the guys who think about politics for politics sake, they work too long and too hard to be bothered with this stuff. They have a perspective that Republicans forget and the Democrats will mistakenly think they understand. Don't mess with their family, their job and definately don't mess with their recreation time.

By the way, they do understand that their paycheck and taxes belong to them and NOT the governer.

No comments: