Saturday, January 26, 2008

FEBRUARY FIFTH PRIMARIES

(Guest Writer: gk)

Several of my Ron Paul supporting friends have made sure that I get my fair share of favorable Ron Paul editorials - but being the "fair and balanced" guy that I am, here is another view extracted from one of my favorite websites/Patriot Post (which newsletter I subscribe to). You be the judge! Read and Learn.

IMHO, both Ron Paul, Rudy Giuliani & Huckabee are going to make or break in Florida - if these three can't poll well there, (at least 1st or 2nd) they are just about done - and if that doesn't do it, the 5 Feb primaries will certainly tell the story, where up to 20 states and 1/3 of Americans will be voting. Only the top two candidates will survive after 5 Feb. Florida will be Giuliani's first real test, he passed up all the other earlier state's primaries to concentrate his money/ads and campaigning time in Florida, where he has canvassed/crisscrossed the state for the past 60 days.

Ron Paul also needs to finish high in Florida (against Romney/McCain/Huckabee/Giuliani) to validate his polling data - which, when allowed to be skewed by his followers with call-ins, etc - shows unbelievably high percentages of support. Now lets see if these 40% or higher phone-in polls in other states, are supported in the same numbers at the Florida voting box, with actual voters/votes, which can't be skewed by Ron Paul supporter's phone-ins or emails. I'll eat my words if Ron Paul surprises me!

Bush was elected by the Floridians twice - the first time 2000, as recalled, in a real squeaker/recounts/court cases, etc. Whomever becomes the eventual Republican nominee, can't get elected President without being first or at least a strong second in total state voting numbers - in the 29 Jan Florida primary - I think - anyone being down in the teens % or single digits % in Florida is not going to hack it - for whomever is down there in the ground clutter and is an "also ran".

But that is where I think Ron Paul is going to be, and maybe even Huckabee.

I predict it will be Romney - 26 %, McCain 24% and Giuliani 20%, Huckabee in the high teens and Ron Paul in the low teens or even high single digits. Of course, all these numbers could be plus or minus 4%, and because the top three will be so close, their final percentages could put them in a different winning order. But for sure, Romney and McCain will be the top two, we'll see the final order- but I'm guessing Romney.


http://patriotpost.us/alexander/edition.asp?id=546

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/edition.asp?id=578

You can mock me if I'm wrong! -gk

No comments: