Friday, November 9, 2007

MORE TO LIFE THAN (delete)ING POLITICS!


(Guest Writer: Indian Aaron)

Thanks Dexter for letting me write on your poly -tickle site, I'm sure you'll edit my language and I'll sound like a (delete)ing (delete).
I just took a look at what I think is the first good looking bike that Custom Bike manufacturer from Kansas, Big Dog Motorcycles, has for 2008. I have test ridden several of their motorcycles in the past few years from their stretched K-9 to their lesser known pro street models. they are (delete)ing great! lots of power and once you remove the factory pipes and put on Pythons or Big Radius pipes they sound like a bike should! The fat tire takes a little getting used too, but that's the good news, 'cause you NEED to ride it more!
I have always preferred a bobber style bike, and the (delete-delete)ers at BIG DOG said that they are not going to build one in the near future. But their modifications to the Pit Bull is fantastic. Although it has the excessively wide rear tire, it is a hard tail with a bitchin' spring seat and a 4.6 gallon squared off tank reminiscent of the early days of motorcycles. This bike is the first one that is closer to my taste that they have built. All that's missing is a set of Ape -hangers and a suicide shift!
With machine welds and production of over five to six thousand bikes a year, they seem to me like more of a production bike than a custom. ( I guess since you can pick paint schemes they call it a custom) They are well built, but the (delete)holes that I know who own them say the early models have had many electrical problems as they use microchips and other (delete)ing blasphemous things like electric starters. Even with compression releases, kick starting high compression V-Twins of 117 cubic inches takes some additional fat sauce that I haven't built up quite yet.
By the way, in addition to Whatcom County having several custom bike builders, treat yourself to a rainy afternoon at the Lynden Museum, there are 3 bikes last time I looked and they are my taste of motorcycles. All the other historical items from dishes to buggies are worth the afternoontrip too. Last time I went I took the ol' lady and had lunch afterwards. The pipes sure echo off all them storefronts!
Granted, I seldom let the rain stop me, but I turn into a (delete) when the winds get over 30 knots, both bikes in my barn will probably stay there today.

(DELETE) Politics! Let's Ride Open Throttle!
Indian Aaron

P.S. there are FIVE local High School Football teams in the Playoffs!
Go Whatcom County! Sweep State! I especially want to see the Lummi (B-8) Blackhawks win it all this year!!!

(he's not very civilized, but should I let him write again? -Poindexter)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't always agree with Aaron 100%, but I respect him, so let him write again if he wants.