Friday, November 9, 2007

WILL WE HAVE FINAL RESULTS TONIGHT?

Hopefully by five o'clock tonight we'll have a better idea on the final count of Ballots.
I pick on the auditors office for being the slowest county in the state for returns, but with this mail only voting, this process seems to just keep getting slower. But I suspect that if they count ballots all day and late into the evening, we should have close to a final tally by eleven o'clock tonight. I still think that if the majority of the ballots coming in are from county voters that Hatch will barely win and Crawford should easily win.
Who's Idea was this Mail only voting anyway?
I sure miss my local polling place and the three Matriarchs that ran it so efficiently. I wonder if they miss it? I know that they volunteered and it required them to have a long evening after the polls closed, but I sure liked having real results on election evening.
I think that the Pony express days had faster results than our modern system here in Whatcom County.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mail in ballots have two advantages.

1) It solves the accessibility problem at low cost.

2) It meets the states new standards for ballot security at lowest cost.

I like it because I vote early and don't get phone calls I don't need or want.