Thursday, August 21, 2008

IT'S GOOD TO BE IN THE GOP!

Wow,
I just checked the Auditor's web page.
What a pleasant surprise. The precinct results are great!
I didn't have a race in my precinct, but my Democrat counterpart only received just less than 2 votes for each one I received.

Why is this good for the GOP that my counterpart received votes 2 to 1 over me?

Here's how I arrived at this.
First: Traditionally, according to the big boys and girls who really know the ins and outs of all things political, Democrats show up in bigger numbers to primaries than do Republicans.

Second: Traditionally, the precinct that I live in lists to port so hard that it usually has a 6 to 1 ratio of Democrats vs. Republicans.

Third: Most folks I know would rather write in vote a dead possum than vote for me, (and these are my good Republican friends...) so I doubt very much that the local democrats would cross party lines to vote for me.

This leads me to think that coming from a 6 to 1 Democrat over Republican voting history,
that 2 to 1 in the primaries suggest that sentiments are changing, even in my little leftist community. Never in voting history have things come this close.

So thank you to my liberal Garden gestapo anti -property rights buddies, Gregoire and now even Obama (it's fun to hear folks mumble under their breath questioning their support for this guy as he leans ever harder towards Stalinist thinking.), Thanks for recruiting so many more folks to the GOP.

It's a good day to be a Republican.

No comments: