Friday, November 7, 2008

UP HERE IN THE CHEAP SEATS

OK, I'll get back to President elect Obama's Cabinet, later.
Right now Obama is giving his first press conference.

At the start of his speech the Dow was up 257 points for it's first post election rally.

5 minutes in it had dropped to only 168 points up.

when he started the question period it was only up 138 points.

It dropped as low as only 74

and by the end of the question and answer period the Dow's Rally was shortstopped by our new President elect at 136.

But the Dow seems to coming back up to 150 points for the since he left the playing field.

That's like bouncing the ceremonial first pitch.

I'd like to take credit for that but Last night on ESPN late night radio I heard one of the commentors make some good points and held his feet to the fire for his campaign promise made during the Monday night football game announcing that if he's elected president he will make sure that the NCAA has a national championship football game.

But his advice if (If I may) to our new President elect is threefold:

"ONE: Stay true to your team. Don't become a cubs fan to be nice. Obama is an admitted White Sox fan.

TWO: The most visible thing you will do is to throw out the first pitch at the April 6th home opener for the White Sox. Don't bounce the ball to the plate. Throw it over the catcher's head if you have to, but whatever you do, don't bounce the ball.

THREE: Talk to us in terms we understand. As in, "I just spoke with Kim Jong Ill and I threw him a brushback pitch."
We understand those terms. Use them."

(Does anybody know who the Commentator was? It was late when I heard it, and I probably didn't accurately qupte him and I want to give him credit while I take the blame.)

On another note of my own;
I didn't know that dog breeds were hypoallergenic.
So I think of dogs that have little or no hair. Most were bred as a food source like the Mexican Hairless, a rather large dog.

I have HOPE that he won't pick an ugly beast like that, so I think about other shorthaired dogs.

Pit Bulls
Rottweilers
Great Danes
Dalmatians
The shaved German Shepard from Major Payne.

My suggestion is the Great Dane, just watch out for that breed, they are very gentle, but the happier they get the more that tail whips around. That's when you get hurt by a Great Dane...

The Dow is 101.07 as I sign off.
Anyway, that's my view from the cheap seats...

(As a side note, at the end of the trading session, the Dow rallied back to 248.02 points up. Is this president -elect a day traders dream? Let him talk and buy, wait and sell after the R's respond? sweeeeeeeeet....)

No comments: