Wednesday, February 20, 2008

SUPERDELEGATES!!! AWAY!!!!







As Citizen Steve commented on Luke Esser arbitrarily picking delegates, which is untrue, (we use black and white marbles...) I thought that I would muddy the waters a little and ask a question from a point of ignorance.

One of my intellectual Democrat buddies was trying to explain to me that at the Democrat National Committee, there are 795 Super Delegates. My question was what is the difference between a rank and file delegate and a Super Delegate, because all Republican Delegates are created equally?

She told me that these are people in the Democrat party who have been around for a long time and know the ins and outs of how the process works better than the average delegate.I asked if they have Superpowers and that is how they are SUPERDELEGATES!!!?

She called me a smart-ass and explained again how these folks have an intricate knowledge into how the nomination process works, because they have been around in the Democrat(ic) party for a long time. She also scolded me and said to stop calling them the Democrat Party as she finds it offensive. The are the DemocratIC Party.

So I'm hoping to understand this correctly.
If, say for instance, that Obama leads by 794 Delegates at the Democrat(ic) National Convention, then these elite Super Delegates can bring all to their senses with their experience and wisdom and nominate Clinton instead?

Educate me, please. Is this what it means to be a Democrat(ic)?

4 comments:

Wally said...

Don't both parties actually have unpledged delegates? Just the Democratic Party has a lot more of them and they are SUPER, rather than just mild manner delegates.

It's going to be Obama vs. McCain and right now I'm just waiting and waiting for Hillary to be kicked to the curb. Mostly because I've had this old song stuck in my head and need the opportunity to set it loose.

It's her Party and she'll cry if she wants to
cry if she wants to
cry if she wants to
You would cry too
if it happened to you

Poindexter Prometheus Parkenfarker said...

Well, like Citizen Steve says, he wants to rain on the conservatives parade. I lke rain, but I choose to throw thunderbolts, it's more fun that way...

CitizenSteve said...

Thunderbolts? Oooh,Ok. ... and here's me thinking all that noise was just that you'd been eating beans and cabbage.

Poindexter Prometheus Parkenfarker said...

No Cabbage, just Kim Chee and Beans... Great thunderbolts from that. More electricity...oh, Kim Chee is cabbage...