Sunday, January 27, 2008

WHOM TO SUPPORT?

As a former Libertarian, that still has some strong leanings that direction, there are many things that I like about Ron Paul. Many of my close friends have wondered then why I am not leading the Ron Paul charge here in this county.


If the United States were in a different situation, I may be a supporter. However here is where I part ways with Mr. Paul:

We did not declare war on Islam. Wahhabist Fundamentalists, bent on exterminating every living soul in Israel, destroying capitalism, the United States and creating a world wide Caliphate, where individual liberty would cease to exist declared war on us. We inherited this after we took down the Soviet Union. We and China are the only two remaining superpowers. They attack us because we are forgiving and perceived to be weak. They do not attack China, because China would not have "rules of engagement" and other civilized delusions of waging war.

Right now, there are only two Candidates whom I think understand this.

General Jerry Ralph Curry, and John McCain.

There are two more who could learn fast, and they are Romney and Giuliani. There is no other candidate that I think is capable of understanding that we will need an operational military base in Iraq for at least as long as we have had one In Germany or Korea. Maybe Huckabee could get it too. I'm not sure. But not a single Democrat running for president has a clue as to how serious the situation is.

My priorities are:

1) National Security (all aspects)

2) A strong economy (ours and everyone else's)

3) Beating China back to the Moon. (This may not be readily apparent to most as to it's importance. Maybe I'll cover the space race soon?...)

No comments: